Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pecan Butter Cookies

I love to bake! My love of baking is basically the downfall of any weight lose plan that I've ever been on....mostly because when you bake, you have to taste test! Plus there is always that one {or five} cookie that breaks that you just can't put on the serving tray. Anyway, last week my sister was down for a visit and she requested these cookies {Pecan Butter Cookies} because they are her absolute favorites. So of course even though I'm on a diet and don't need to be anywhere near cookies, I baked a couple dozen for her...and I maybe taste tested a few too:)
 This recipe is one that I tore out of a Martha Stewart magazine a few years ago. It was the Cookie of the Month....and after my first time making them I knew why they held that distinction! They are so yummy. They only take a few ingredients. And everyone LOVES them! I almost always make a double recipe of these cookies because they go fast!

Pecan Butter Cookies
{makes about 2 dozen cookies}
1 cup pecan halves of pieces
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Break pecans into pieces of give them a rough chop in a food processor. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer until pale. Add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low gradually add floor, beating until just incorporated. Stir in pecans. Cover dough and refrigerate until firm or overnight. 
2. Drop 2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges of the cookies are gold, about 15 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.

 These cookies are very delicate so you have to be extra careful when moving them from the cookie sheet to the cooling rack, or you may end up with a couple of broken cookies...and you may have to eat them yourself:)
 They look so pretty all dusted with confectioners sugar and stacked up high on a serving plate.
Do you love to bake as much as I do?
What is your favorite cookie to bake?

Linking up here..
Tatertots and Jello
Serenity Now
Someday Crafts
Skip to my Lou
Pin It!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I want to reach through the screen and have a few! They look so similar to pecan balls that I always have a co-worker make me around Christmas. I'm sure your sister was thrilled to have you make a few dozen :) I'm not a big baker but my hubby is and I love that about him :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I do love to bake! Your cookies look so good. You're a good sis to make some up for her. :)

carissa said...

these kind of remind me of benne wafers that we have here in the south. yum!

Richella Parham said...

I LOVE to bake. It's the one kind of cooking I do well! These cookies look absolutely scrumptious. They remind me of a coconut shortbread cookie I make--so good an sooo buttery! :) But of course not fattening. Of course not.

Kmama said...

Those look really good. We can't have them though, because of the pecans. Darn it nut allergy!

Anonymous said...

I hate baking! Which is why you do not find many recipes for baking on my blog.

The cookies sound delish. I love anything with Pecan's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...